Who We Are In Christ

     This has been a constant and continual revelation and illumination for me as I grow in grace. When the enemy tries to make me believe his lies, I begin to confess what the Word of God says about me.
I am redeemed through the blood of the Lamb. (Ephesians 1:7)
I am chosen in order that I might be for the praise of His glory. (Ephesians 1:11-12)
I am rescued from the dominion of darkness and brought into the kingdom of Jesus. (Colossians 1:13)
I am the righteousness of God through Jesus Christ. (2 Corinthians 5:21)
I can do all things through Jesus Christ. (Philippians 4:13)
I am complete in Christ Jesus. (Colossians 2:10)

     These are just a few of the confession I make. And these confessions are for all who are in Christ Jesus. I don't know about you but I choose to believe the report of the Lord instead of what lies the enemy tries to throw at me.
     I have heard various individual clam that they are not "worthy" and I wonder if they are really in Christ Jesus or just haven't believed what God says about them. There is no way someone unworthy can be in Christ Jesus. I want to ask those persons, "Who told you that you are unworthy?" In our own self-righteousness, we are but filthy rags (Isa. 64:6). But when we are born again, we are a new creation in Christ Jesus and you are no longer a sinner. We were sinners BUT because of the blood of the Lamb we have been washed, sanctified and justified (Just as if I never sinned).
     If saying one is "unworthy" is an attempt at being humble, this would be false humility. Because God sees us valuable enough to send His only begotten Son to die for our sins that we might be reconciled back to Him. If one still insists in calling themselves "unworthy" then what are you "unworthy" of?

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

The definition of unworthy is insufficient in worth; undeserving, lacking value or merit; worthless - So are you really saying you are worthless? God's Word says otherwise.

I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called (Ephesians 4:1)

..that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing (Him), being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God (Colossians 1:10)

...that you would walk worthy of God who calls you into His own kingdom and glory. (1 Thessalonians 2:12)

Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? (Matthew 6:26-30)

Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them. How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them; they would be more in number than the sand;
(Psalm 139:16-18)

     That is right. God does think about us. We are worthy of His thoughts. Start seeing yourself as God sees you. If you are a believer, You are worthy because Jesus has made you worthy by what He did on the cross.

In God's Hands & God's Service,

Mary J. Bryant

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Forgiveness

The Snares of the Devil