The Battle is Not Yours, But God's


The Battle is Not Yours, But God's

2 Chronicles 20:1-29

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength....

Have you ever been up against something that wasn't your battle although it was happening against you? When we realize which battles we are to fight and which battle only God the Lord of host can fight, it is then we will be victorious.

I have to take the example from Jehoshaphat. He sought the LORD for help. Second Chronicles 20:4-6 states: "So Judah gathered together to seek help from the LORD; they even came from all the cities of Judah to seek the LORD. Then Jehoshaphat stood in the assembly of Judah and Jerusalem, in the house of the LORD before the new court, and he said, 'O LORD, the God of our fathers, are You not God in the heavens? And are You not ruler over all the kingdoms of the nations? Power and might are in Your hand so that no one can stand against You.'" (2 Chronicles 20:4-6).

When there are battles that are being fought against you, go stand before the LORD God and pray. Humble yourself and realize it is not by your might or your says the LORD but by my Spirit you shall have victory.

When it seems as though it is impossible to you and it looks like you are losing, God is the God of impossibility and nothing is too hard for Him. No foe to mightier than Him, He is never caught off guard or taken by surprise. With the LORD of Host on your side, it is more than the whole world against you. Know that God is the only One who will make a difference.

Pray and let the LORD answer you as He did with Jehoshaphat. He spoke through the prophet Jahaziel. "...and he said, "Listen, all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem and King Jehoshaphat: thus says the LORD to you, "Do not fear or be dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours but God's." (2 Chronicles 20:15). We have to realize that God can and will send you a word through a messenger. Don't limit God by saying, "God can speak to me, He don't need to send me a word through no one else." Because He is Sovereign He can choose to communicate any way He chooses. It is up to us to have faith in Him and trust what He is doing and saying. Get to know the voice of the Lord. He says in the book of John" My sheep hears my voice and follows me."

It has to be the LORD's way; His battle only or all is lost. Now our part is to "stand and see the salvation of the LORD on our behalf. Do not fear or be dismayed." I speak to myself. I encourage myself in the LORD. He is my refuge and my strength. Know that the LORD is in your tomorrow for He with you always (2 Chronicles 20:17). We have to stand and face our enemy while the LORD of Host fights the battle for us and we will surely be given the victory. I am trusting in the LORD to give me the victory. I stand in the face of my circumstances and my situations and know that God is fighting for me. And I will have the victory.

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth Does not become weary or tired. His understanding is inscrutable. He gives strength to the weary, And to him who lacks might He increases power. Though youths grow weary and tired, And vigorous young men stumble badly, Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary. (Isaiah 40:28-31) When We Fully Place Our Confidence in God; our confidence in the Lord God Almighty who created heaven and earth all things are made possible to them that believe. (Matthew 19:25-26). He is God who is able to know our very needs even beyond what are limited knowledge can reveal. I thank God is not limited by our lack of knowledge, wisdom, creativity, imagination, power or vision as we are. I am victorious (1 Corinthians 15:57)

Go ahead pray, praise God and walk in your victory! Amen!
 
In God's Hand and His Service,
Mary J. Bryant

Note: This article was published in Women of Power Magazine - July 2012

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Forgiveness

The Snares of the Devil